Chilly fall days are upon us. We love dark jeans for fall and for most of us, black and dark denim are wardrobe essentials. We rely on them day in and day out—so they deserve special care. And since you can’t re-dye denim once it has faded, it’s important to treat it with proper care from the start.
These helpful tips will keep your dark jeans looking their best:
- Turn jeans inside out before laundering to prevent fading.
- Forgo the dryer. Air-dry your jeans and avoid hanging them in direct sunlight.
- Use cold water and wash on delicate cycle so there is less agitation.
- Add a few teaspoons of salt to the wash cycle (salt helps preserve the dye).
- Use a detergent formalized specifically to extend the life of dark denim.
Try our Mandarin Vetiver Dark Wash to help preserve the life of your favorite jeans.