As the weather dulls, dark denim brings a sleek contrast to warm knits and thick cold weather clothing. Follow these tips to preserve a like-new fit:
- Avoid washing treated denim unless it’s stained or stretched out. Washing will help denim regain its original form, but will degrade the color over time. See our Dark Wash guide here.
- If drying is essential to restoring fit, use the lowest temperature.
- Avoid wear-and-tear of washing by freezing denim overnight to naturally freshen it.
- New denim can stretch up to an inch—no more than three fingers should fit in the waistband of new jeans. Buy the smaller size and they will likely soften with wear.
- Put jeans on and spray waistband with warm water to stretch fit.