By: Stella Blackmon, Clementine Daily
Take a cue from blooming backyards when adorning your next present. Freshly picked from the Caldrea gardens, let the earthy aromas of Basil Blue Sage inspire a naturally wrapped gift topped with seasonal foliage. With layers of twine and lively greenery, wow your celebrated loved ones with this simple and elegant tutorial.
- Brown craft paper
- Transparent tape
- Two strands of twine
- White chalk pen
- Seasonal foliage
- Sprigs of rosemary and sage (optional)
- Leafy branches, peacock feathers, curly willow twigs (optional)
- Begin with a sheet of plain brown craft paper to wrap your boxed present. The slightly grainy material provides the perfect rustic base for any gift. Retain more control and avoid wrinkles by wrapping the box on a hard surface. Utilize leftover scraps for making homemade gift tags.
- Use a white chalk pen to scribe personalized messages around the gift. Style the box with oversized calligraphic letters or opt for a short note in the corner.
- Twist two or more strands of textured twine around the box and secure with a double knot. Trim excess thread.
- Gather contrasting wild stems from the outdoors, such as leafy twigs and flourishing flora. Draw inspiration from wondrous gardens and add visual interest by layering the foliage under the twine.
- For an unexpected touch, channel the enchanting notes of Caldrea’s Basil Blue Sage fragrance by tucking in scented sprigs of sage and rosemary.